Step #2: Disinfection
- Disinfection requires that the item or surface has been cleaned
- Disinfection requires the use of a chemical disinfectant like “Chemical” approved in your state.
- When done properly, disinfection is effective against most pathogens of risk in the salon, spa or barbershop.
- Disinfection is for non-porous implements and surfaces only, porous (single-use) items must be discarded after use.
- Proper disinfection requires the following:
* Correct mixing/concentration
* Contact time
* Appropriate changing of solution